Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hanging Album

After seeing a hanging album on the Big Picture Classes blog I knew I had to make one.  I already had some of Tim Holtz binder clips, an old frame, a new pad of  Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes collection, and more embellishments than I'll ever use, so I got started.  Cutting the pages with my CTMH Artbooking cartridge was a snap, especially since this paper isn't double sided, so two cuts of each page were needed.  (Remember to flip the second page.)  After cutting 12 pages, I embellished with anything and everything.  Bling, flowers, ribbons, chipboard, die-cuts, tags, paperclips, acrylic gems, post cards, washi tape...you name it, I used it!  I located the perfect frame in our garage, and gave it a glow with FolkArt Metallic acrylic paint in Champagne.  Cloud print paper was attached to the backing, holes drilled, and the binder clip was attached with nuts and bolts for strength.  More embellishment was added to the backing and the frame, and it's ready to hang.  I love it so much I'm making another one using Heidi Swapp's Believe collection for Christmas. 










No comments:

Post a Comment