Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 18, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - June

Absolutely loved the tag this month and knew exactly which old pic to use.  This is my mom when she was 3, and her hair really was that color.  I love this pic and have used it to create cards, jewelry, and her 80th birthday party invitation.


As usual, I improvised on the supplies used:
distress ink pads-tattered rose, tea dye, victorian velvey, vintage photo, antique linen, wild honey, distress inks-old paper, spun sugar, archival ink- jet black, white ink, #8 manila tag,
paper stash-lost & found, tissue tape-symphony, hanger clip, trinkets pin, jump rings, foliage leaves, film strip ribbon, vintage seam binding, crown charm from bead landing, star charm from my mind's eye, charming tag and paper flowers from making memories, tab fastener and brads from close to my heart, stamps & colored wire from stampin' up, wooden #3 from my stash.


I admit that tinting the photo was a challenge for me.  I have a fabulous stash of vintage family photos that I work with all the time and I've been wanting to try hand-tinting.  I have a new box of 36 copic markers that I purchased at an estate sale for $3.50 (for the whole box!) and will try using some of those next time.  


I just returned from a 2 week road trip and managed to squeeze in a 1 hour shopping trip to Heartfelt Creations in Sandy, UT.  That store has more scrap crap than you can imagine!  I purchased Tim's camera die and some new embossing folders, and a bunch of paper.  Can't wait to get started on my next project.
http://timholtz.com12-tags-of-2012-june/

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I hope you have a nice vacation!?
    This tag is awesome, I really love photo of your mom, she is just...goergous!!
    Hugs from Slovenia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love how you tinted your mom's picture. What a special keepsake it is! Love that you used a family photo!

    ReplyDelete