Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Authentique's Challenge for May

This is the sketch for Authentique's Challenge for May

 And this is my take.  I didn't stray too far from the sketch,  but those of you that know my work will notice one BIG departure from my norm; the colors totally don't match!  I'm usually absolutely anal about color matching my papers to my pics.  But I made the page the day before our trip to the zoo using these papers because I love them.  I love all things wood grain and rulers.  And I finally was able to use those zoo animal brads that I've had in my stash for years.  

I admit to cringing when Jennie put on that green jacket and dressed River in that yellow rain suit, but they looked so cute.  And her black hat and his carrier match my black accents, so I'm calling this good.  

We had so much fun chaperoning Chase's third grade class, and watching River experience the magic of the zoo for the first time. 

1 comment:

  1. I am the same Lori, always want that colours match, but at the end you can see that also, like your page, can look very good! I like it!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete