Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Birthday View-Master!




 That fabulous 3-D photo viewer known as the View-Master turned 75 today.  I've been collecting these little gems for about two years.  Even thought I only have obtained 5 viewers, a projector, and about 40 picture reels, that was enough for OPB Radio Talk show 'Think Out Loud' to call me a collector.  (Knowing their executive producer helped, too.) I was invited to be a guest collector on their show today, along with the inventor's daughter.  I really had a blast.  Half the people in the studio came into the Green Room to see a vintage Oregon Caves reel on my viewer.  I was interviewed briefly on the air, loaned my collection to the media staff for pictures, and was photographed with my viewer.  I feel like such a celebrity!

To commemorate this event I created this Happy 75 Picture Reel using a Tim Holtz die, glitter paper, crepe paper, tulle, ribbons, a brad covered with a Sassafras Lass picture reel sticker, a Glitz 'HAPPY' giant rhinestone, a vintage BINGO piece(O75), and an assortment of images from a trip to Oaks Park. 
Isn't it adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment